HomeBrowseAdvanced SearchAboutHelpContact

Department of Environmental Management Division of Compliance and Inspection records

Historical note

The Commission of Dams and Reservoirs was created in 1882 for the purpose of inventorying and monitoring dams and reservoirs within the state. The Commission operated as an independent agency until 1935 when became part of the Department of Public Works. In 1965 the department was renamed as the Department of Natural Resources and later renamed again as the Department of Environmental Management in 1971.