HomeBrowseAdvanced SearchAboutHelpContact

Kingston Congregational Church Collection, 1835-1968

Administrative Information

ABOUT THE COLLECTION 
Acquisition:It is unknown when the Kingston Congregational Church collection was first received by the University Library. It may be surmised that Special Collections received the records through the church's associational relationship with the University. The establishment of the Experiment Station in 1888 and the State College afterward gave the ministers a greater opportunity to reach more people. Some of the ministers have served as councilors to the Protestant students. Many of the newsletters bear the addresses of several Library staff, including the Head Librarian during the first half of the 20th century, Francis Pitcher Allen. The President of the University (1941-1958) Carl Woodward was also a congregant of Kingston Congregational Church.
ABOUT THE FINDING AID 
Author:Finding aid prepared by Kristen Anderson and Sarina R. Wyant.
Encoding:Finding aid encoded by Hailie D. Posey 2009 June 23
Descriptive rules:Finding aid based on Describing Archives: A Content Standard (DACS)